Recipe by Asura
Its not resemble a mud in any kind of form. A bit like small pancake with coconut cream and raisins. Traditional cake in my country. May need special mould in making them.
- 75 g margarine or 75 g butter
- 250 ml water
- 150 g flour, sifted
- 100 g sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 450 ml coconut cream
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g coconut, flesh, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- * Melt the margarine/butter in the water, add the flour and blend it until smooth. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla. When the batter is well blended, take off the fire and cool down.
- * Break the eggs one by one into the batter, beating well after each addition. Add the santan (coconut milk) little by little and beat until batter is smooth.
- * Heat the mud cake molds, oil them and fill them ¾ full. Cover with their heated kuds and cook until they are half done. Open the lids and cook until they are half done. Open the lids and scatter a few raisins and coconut slivers on top.
- * Cover again and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Unmold and serve.