Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe, but have enjoyed it for years! easy to make.yummy!
- 2 cups heavy sweet cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cans pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- Mix well and cook in microwave, or stovetop, until it bubbles and is thickened,stirring occasionally.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 3" circle.
- Lay in a greased muffin tin.
- Fill almost to top with custard.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Makes about 30 kuchen.
- These are a favorite of my family, and I have shared the recipe with many others!
the only reason I'm giving this 4 stars and not 5 is because I had a really hard time with the directions. my first batch definitely overflowed into my oven, then after 15 minutes, the tops still looked really runny. I ended up taking them out after about 30 minutes because I was scared that maybe I was doing something wrong and they were supposed to be a little wet still. they did mold into the shape pretty decently as they were cooling, but this morning I'm thinking maybe I should have baked them for 35-40 minutes because the tops look a little undercooked. so I have no idea what I did wrong but they are really delicious. my boyfriend and I each had 3 right out of the oven, they were so good.
Excellent recipe. Tried it for a german themed dinner party and now I'm asked for them all the time! Try it, you won't be disappointed!
These are wonderful!! I made these for work -- everyone loved them!! I did leave some for my family (big hit!!). I would suggest doing the filling then roll the biscuts . . . I didn't read the recipe all the way through so my biscuts sat in the fridge while the custard cooled. I only got 24 out of the batch -- didn't have any run over either. Very good!!