Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are many, many versions of Funeral Potatoes. This is a lower-fat version I've adapted from a recipe at KSL.com. It's delicious and doesn't have 10,386 calories per serving.
- 2 lbs hash browns, Southern-style diced, frozen
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 5 ounces nonfat milk
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup potato chips, finely crushed (Kettle Chips salt and black pepper variety is best)
- If using onion, saute in nonstick pan until soft, using sprinkles of water if necessary to keep onions from burning.
- Combine soup, milk, yogurt, sour cream, cheese and onion (if using) and mix into hash browns until well combined. Turn mixture into 9x13 baking pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle crushed potato chips over top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly throughout.