Recipe by babygirl6109
This frosting was created specifically to go with "K's Famous Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes" but would also be great with any fall themed/flavored cake or cupcake. This recipe will frost 24 cupcakes GENEROUSLY, which is how I like it, but if you like less frosting, this will cover about 36.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 6 -7 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth. (The mixture should have a consistent, very pale yellow color, and should not have any lumps.).
- Add the vanilla extract and pie spice.
- Beat in the confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until incorporated. (Mix in the first 6 cups, then check the consistency. You can add up to another cup, depending on how stiff you like your frosting). Beat until fluffy.