Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Absolutely the best pumpkin cupcake recipe around (even if I do say so myself). Be sure to frost with "K's Pie Spice Cream Cheese Frosting", as no other frosting will do these justice. I've always been a pumpkin lover, but the pumpkin flavored anything explosion that has taken place the last few years inspired me with this recipe. There is a little bit of extra work with these, sifting the dry ingredients, but trust me, sifting makes the texture on these 100x better. Also, be sure to slightly mound the brown sugar when measuring. A flat 1/3 cup is not quite enough, and 1/2 cup is too much.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper muffin liners. .
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, creamm butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light in color and fluffy. Add the eggs, mixing until completely incorporated. Mix in the milk and pumpkin puree.
- Stir in the flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter equally between the 24 muffin cups. (I use slightly more than 1/8 of a cup in each.).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 5 minutes then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- When completely cool, frost with "K's Pie Spice Cream Cheese Frosting".