- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 slices lemon peel
- 3 slices orange peel
- 1 (750 ml) bottle vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey with the water, vanilla, spices and the lemon peel in a large saucepan.
- Bring this to a boil, cover, and simmer.
- Reduce heat and let steep for several hours.
- When ready to serve, add vodka and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be reheated in a saucepan on a low setting just until you see the first wisps of alcohol steam.