Recipe by jimjam63
Copycat, with a twist or two, from Carnations "Easy 5 Minute Fudge" recipe that's on the back of the Evaporated Milk label. This is very soft at room temperature and needs to be kept in the fridge.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Was in the mood for some homemade chocolate fudge, & the copy of your recipe was handy, so I made it up in no time at all! I'm big on marshmallow creme, so really enjoyed the combo of the mallows here with the chocolate! And, I was thoroughly happy eating it with a spoon, especially with a spread of chunky peanut butter to go with it! Thanks much, for posting the recipe!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (allowed to dry out)
- 2 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 1 cup nestle's chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate baking chocolate
- 1 2⁄3 cups Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grape nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put walnuts into mortar and crush well, not to a powder. Add the Grape Nuts and crush to blend into the walnuts, again, not too fine. Set aside.
- Line an 8"X 8" square baking pan with tin foil, shiny side up.
- Measure chocolate chips and put into a bowl.
- Measure baking chocolate and put into another bowl.
- Measure marshmallows and put into their own bowl.
- Combine sugar, milk and butter into a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over MEDIUM heat. Stir frequently.
- Keep stirring boiling mixture for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the marshmallows, followed by all the chocolate.
- Stir everything until chocolate is melted and marshmallow is combined. Marshmallow does not have to be completely melted.
- Add the extracts and stir.
- Pour in the 'nut' mixture and stir quickly.
- Pour into prepared pan, level out and chill 2 hours to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!