Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Copycat, with a twist or two, from Carnations "Easy 5 Minute Fudge" recipe that's on the back of the Evaporated Milk label. This is very soft at room temperature and needs to be kept in the fridge.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (allowed to dry out)
- 2 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 1 cup nestle's chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate baking chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate baking chocolate
- 1 2⁄3 cups Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grape nuts
- Put walnuts into mortar and crush well, not to a powder. Add the Grape Nuts and crush to blend into the walnuts, again, not too fine. Set aside.
- Line an 8"X 8" square baking pan with tin foil, shiny side up.
- Measure chocolate chips and put into a bowl.
- Measure baking chocolate and put into another bowl.
- Measure marshmallows and put into their own bowl.
- Combine sugar, milk and butter into a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over MEDIUM heat. Stir frequently.
- Keep stirring boiling mixture for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the marshmallows, followed by all the chocolate.
- Stir everything until chocolate is melted and marshmallow is combined. Marshmallow does not have to be completely melted.
- Add the extracts and stir.
- Pour in the 'nut' mixture and stir quickly.
- Pour into prepared pan, level out and chill 2 hours to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Was in the mood for some homemade chocolate fudge, & the copy of your recipe was handy, so I made it up in no time at all! I'm big on marshmallow creme, so really enjoyed the combo of the mallows here with the chocolate! And, I was thoroughly happy eating it with a spoon, especially with a spread of chunky peanut butter to go with it! Thanks much, for posting the recipe!