Recipe by Chef m.
We have this every Christmas, My grandmother always made these along with lefsa and sundbakkels.
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
A very good recipe for Krumkake. I used almond extract as my preference. My daughter and I made them today for Mother's day. Got lazy and made the flat version. So crispy and not too sweet. I might add just a pinch of salt next time to brighten the flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup of real melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract (for vanilla, If you prefer) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of crushed cardamom (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients well.
- Spoon approximately 1 T.
- onto ungreased, medium heat, preheated Krumkake Iron (Find at specialty stores for about$65. 00) Cook about 1minute, flip cook another 30 seconds until lightly golden brown.
- While warm roll into a cone shape.
- (If you don't have the rolling tool, try a clean clothes pin.) These are very delicate and tasty cookies, they are very pretty with a design from the iron.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar or fill with whipped cream (Ready Whip makes this easy) Enjoy!