Recipe by KR 46
a spicy breakfast with eggs and tortillas. I sort of invented this combo, based on other Mexican breakfasts I've had. No friend nor relative that I ever prepared it for did not like it....
Top Review by Lee from New Mexico
Well now, this sounds very intresting and good, I have a set of 20 yr old twin grandsons that love to eat. This is right up there alley. Will try this week-end and rate on Monday, I am sure it will be a 5+ star................Ok, here we are on Tuesday,and I have rated the recipe as promiced. My boys enjoyed and the turned the left over tortillas into Pizza.........LOL
Directions See How It's Made
- on 1 8 or 10 inch flour tortilla (depending how hungry you are),.
- grate a layer of jack cheese (or jack cheese with jalapenos in it).
- about a quarter inch thick covering the entire tortilla.
- Cover the cheese with salsa; I usually use a medium-hot salsa w/.
- the jalapeno jack cheese; a green salsa is OK, too, w/cilantro.
- On top of the salsa, I sprinkle chopped green onion greens.
- Cover all with the 2nd tortilla and nuke it (microwave) for
- 90 seconds. Make sure the cheese is nicely melted.
- Fry 2-3 eggs.
- Cover the heated tortilla mix with a thin layer of cold catsup.
- Then flip the fried eggs over on the catsup-covered tortillas.
- and allow the egg yolk to blend with the catsup.
- You'll find an interesting mix of hot and cold, salty and spicy. You can
- add pepper, but the catsup usually gives the dish enough of a salty taste.