Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipes cookbook for kids. Haven't tried it yet. This is a British cookbook, so I'm not sure what the American equivalents would be. I'm also not sure what the cook time is! Doesn't include the re-freezing time for the ice cream.
- Lightly grease a piece of kitchen foil (or parchment paper) placed on a baking tray.
- Mix the butter, almonds and sugar in a heavy frying pan.
- Place over a moderate heat and stir all the time, taking care that it doesn't burn.
- When it's a good golden color, pour the mixture onto the greased kitchen foil and allow to cool completely.
- Place in plastic bag and lightly crush into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- Soften the ice cream and then stir in the crushed Krokan until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the ice cream mixture back in the freezer until it is frozen again.