Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My friend Alicia and I used to share this pasta salad for lunch all the time. just for fun I decided to recreate it
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lay chicken breasts out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the chicken breasts (just enough to lightly coat). Flip the breasts over and do the same on the other side.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes (they should be fork-tender and juices should run clear with no sign of pink). Remove chicken and cool in the refrigerator.
- Cook pasta. When done, shock in ice water to stop the cooking. Drain thoroughly.
- Core, seed and julienne peppers. Remove ends from onion, peel, cut in half, then julienne. Combine with the cooked pasta.
- Cut cooled chicken breasts in half and then slice 1/2-inch thick in the other direction, across the grain. Add to pasta salad.
- Combine last ten ingriedients into dressing and pour over salad.