Recipe by ~*Laci*~
This recipe was inspired by Derf's Belly Buster Recipe. It has been heavily modified in ingredients and procedure. I feel the recipe now qualifies as a new recipe. Thank you to Derf for the inspiration :D This version of the recipe is being named for my son Kristopher ( 13 at the time of writing ) who helped me tonight in making all the revisions. Thank you Honey!:D
Top Review by GaylaV
I am not rating as I made too many changes. However, just in case someone is looking to decrease the the fat and calories and increase the fibre this is what I did. I used lean ground beef, whole wheat pasta (penne) and low fat cheese. I made a half recipe and for two of us there was nearly 2/3 left. I think the servings per recipe is extremely generous. Served with a nice salad we could nearly get 6 servings from 1/2 casserole. I used hot and spicy taco seasoning because that is what I had. I thought it was perfect, my husband thought it was a bit spicy. I used diced tomatoes with peppers, onion and garlic, also because that is what I had. First, I have no doubt it would be better without my diet friendly substitutions but it was still good. I do look forward to enjoying the leftovers tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your recipe and glad that I was able to make it work for us.
- 1 (16 ounce) boxdreamfield's elbow macaroni (or Elbow Macaroni of Your Choice)
- 2 lbs hamburger, Browned
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic (Do not Drain)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (No Water , other Cream of Soup can be substituted)
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopemild taco seasoning (or make your own)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 -4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or enough to cover casserole top)
- salt and pepper (we prefer Kosher)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook elbow macaroni "Al dente" approx 10 minutes.
- Brown hamburger with red onion and garlic.
- Drain fat.
- In a large mixing bowl.
- Add drained Hamburger.
- Add drained Macaroni.
- Add soup ( no water ).
- Add tomatoes with liquid.
- Add 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese.
- Add 1/2 Packet Mild Taco Seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In mixing bowl throughly combine ingredients.
- Placed combined mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the 2-4 cups ( Use more or less to your liking ) of shredded cheese over top of the casserole.
- bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbling around edges and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve with Green Salad or Cucumber / Tomato slices on the side.