1/3 Photos of Kristopher's Taco Macaroni Casserole.
This recipe was inspired by Derf's Belly Buster Recipe. It has been heavily modified in ingredients and procedure. I feel the recipe now qualifies as a new recipe. Thank you to Derf for the inspiration :D This version of the recipe is being named for my son Kristopher ( 13 at the time of writing ) who helped me tonight in making all the revisions. Thank you Honey!:D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box dreamfield's elbow macaroni (or Elbow Macaroni of Your Choice)
- 2 lbs hamburger, Browned
- 1/4 cup red onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic (Do not Drain)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (No Water , other Cream of Soup can be substituted)
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope mild taco seasoning (or make your own)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 -4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or enough to cover casserole top)
- salt and pepper (we prefer Kosher)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook elbow macaroni "Al dente" approx 10 minutes.
- 3Brown hamburger with red onion and garlic.
- 4Drain fat.
- 5In a large mixing bowl.
- 6Add drained Hamburger.
- 7Add drained Macaroni.
- 8Add soup ( no water ).
- 9Add tomatoes with liquid.
- 10Add 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese.
- 11Add 1/2 Packet Mild Taco Seasoning.
- 12Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 13In mixing bowl throughly combine ingredients.
- 14Placed combined mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- 15Sprinkle the 2-4 cups ( Use more or less to your liking ) of shredded cheese over top of the casserole.
- 16bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbling around edges and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- 17Serve with Green Salad or Cucumber / Tomato slices on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kristopher's Taco Macaroni Casserole.
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.2
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.0 mg
- Sodium 1164.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 55.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic