Recipe by Kristi Waterworth
This is my lasagna recipe, mostly just here so I can get a nutritional analysis on it. You'll probably like it, though. ;) Adjust the spices as you see fit. I tend to eyeball them, so the measurements are just my best guesses. Basically, you should see them as random flakes in the cheese mix, not as a thing that colors the cheese mix, if that makes sense.
Top Review by cypriania
Easy to understand in straight-forward English. I would use a tad bit less pepper, but then I am not a spicy person. I have had food Kristi has cooked (baked) in this instance, and I don't believe failure is in her vocabulary. If Kristi makes it, it has to be a good choice to make for your family or whomever you are cooking for. I would recommend this recipe and serving it with the (of course you would) green salad and garlic bread/toast.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 72 slices pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Rinse and set aside to cool.
- Spoon a small amount of marinara sauce into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Mix together the ricotta, cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs, spices and salt. Set aside.
- Layer four noodles on top of the marinara, followed by 1/3 of the cheese mixture, then 1/3 of the marinara, 1/3 of the shredded cheese, topped with 24 pepperonis. Spread each wet layer out with the back of a spoon before building on top of it. Arrange the pepperonis evenly across the layers of goodness.
- Repeat the layers until you've run out of stuff.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Bake another 15 minutes for good luck. Remove from the oven and dab the top with a paper towel to remove the excess fat.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes or more before cutting. Serve fresh or pack into freezer containers. I cut it into 24 pieces because it can be very rich.