1 hr 15 mins
My best friend, Kristi, gave me this recipe today and I'm posting it to keep from losing it. She has made it SEVERAL times for parties and get together's and it always turns out perfect!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1Mix cake according to directions, using the water, eggs and vegetable oil.
- 2Once the cake mix is well blended, add the pudding mix and stir well.
- 3Cook in 2 round (9 inch) cake pans which have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 4Cook according to cake mix instructions, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 5When cake is cooled, cut the layers in half. (Using a piece of thread works the best.).
- 6To make the icing, mix the thawed lemonade with the sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
- 7Fold the Cool Whip into the lemonade mixture.
- 8I put the icing between the layers and on top of the cake, but not on the sides as it tends to slide off.
- 9Store the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 10Garnish the top with lemon rind which has been peeled and curled.
- 11Refrigerate any leftovers (like you are going to have those!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kristi's Lemon Ice Box Cake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.2
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 547.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 62.3 g
- Protein 7.8 g