Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My best friend, Kristi, gave me this recipe today and I'm posting it to keep from losing it. She has made it SEVERAL times for parties and get together's and it always turns out perfect!
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix cake according to directions, using the water, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Once the cake mix is well blended, add the pudding mix and stir well.
- Cook in 2 round (9 inch) cake pans which have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Cook according to cake mix instructions, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When cake is cooled, cut the layers in half. (Using a piece of thread works the best.).
- To make the icing, mix the thawed lemonade with the sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the lemonade mixture.
- I put the icing between the layers and on top of the cake, but not on the sides as it tends to slide off.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish the top with lemon rind which has been peeled and curled.
- Refrigerate any leftovers (like you are going to have those!).
Excellent cake, moist with a very "lemony" taste. I made a mess of the frosting because I gave the four layer thing a try, but that was my fault, not the recipe. I'm not real good at frosting cakes, so four layers only amplified my lack of skill. But everyone loved the taste and the slices looked good on the plate. Thanks for posting