Recipe by Kristi Waterworth
This is a ketchup that I came up with based on other ketchups. :) Gotta use up my garden tomatoes while they're fresh! :) I would recommend hitting this with a stick blender if you want a smoother texture, this is a little on the lumpy side. :)
- 6 -7 ripe green zebra tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Chunk up tomatoes, garlic and onions. Pulse in food processor until liquified and no chunks remain.
- Drop in spices, vinegar and honey. Pulse to combine.
- Dump into sauce pan and reduce until you reach desired consistancy.
- Allow to cool and put into a squeeze bottle for immediate use. Keep refrigerated!