Recipe by roxy_froggy25
This recipe took 2 years to test and test again, until I had reach the cookie that has the best crumb, chewiness, and complementary sweet and buttery flavor. Cookies result thick, with slight spreading on the cookie sheet, and leave you with pure enjoyment in your mouth.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1 (12 ounce) bag dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften butter by putting in microwave for 15 secounds. Beat the butter on slow speed just for a few seconds. Add sugars and cream together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flours and oatmeal and 1/4 cup intervals, mixing after each addition. Add baking soda in the middle of the additions. Add the chocolate chips and stir til incorporated.
- Grease cookies and drop dough onto sheet using a rounded teaspoon. (If you want bigger cookies, use a bigger spoon).
- Bake in oven until all edges are golden brown and centers are set, about 15 minutes. Route the cookie sheet half way in between baking time.
- Allow to cool on a drying rack completely and store in plastic container or plastic bad.