Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Necessity is the mother of invention so they say! I created this recipe based on a dish I had at one of my favorite bbq restaraunts, using only ingredients leftover after making my monthly menu. We ate it as a main course, but you could eat it as a side dish as well!
- 1⁄3 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 large potatoes (i used LARGE red ones since thats what we had, but you can use regular baking potatoes also)
- 2 cups cheese (we used artificial cheese since its about 1/2 the cost)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 0.5 (1 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix (or use a little chili powder & cumin, salt and pepper to taste)
- preheat oven to 350*.
- wash and cube potatoes into 1/2-1" cubes.
- cook bacon until crisp. remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain.
- pour bacon grease into 9x13" baking pan.
- pour cubed potatoes over grease.
- drain corn and pour over potatoes.
- stir all ingredients well so that they are coated in the bacon grease.
- bake for 30 minutes. stir to recoat, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- remove potatoes from oven, cover generously with cheese, and sprinkle with bacon bits. bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce (i like ranch!).