1/1 Photo of Kristin’s Chili
This is a thick & hearty chili recipe for those cold, wintry nights. Adjust the seasoning and heat level to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (Mexican, if possible)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin or 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, un-drained (use a bit of water to get all juice from the can)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (use a bit of water to get all sauce from the can)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- hot sauce (like Mike's Red Hot or Tabasco, to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans (or any kind of bean you have on-hand, drained and un-rinsed)
- grated cheddar cheese (for garnish)
- tortilla chips (for dipping) (optional)
- 1Heat EVOO in pot or Dutch oven.
- 2Mix all the spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Add meat with half of the seasonings to pot and brown.
- 4Add the onions, peppers & garlic, seasoning again with salt & pepper and sauté for 7-10 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- 5Add the remaining half of the seasonings to pot, stir to combine.
- 6Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and hot sauce.
- 7Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Add beans and heat through for about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kristin’s Chili
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 544.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 28.9 g