Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This yummy recipe is for some wonderful shortbread biscuits!
- 250 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 100 g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- Sift the flour with the salt, then cream the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. With the mixer's motor running, gradually add the egg; if the mixture looks like it's curdling, add a tbsp of sifted flour.
- Put the mixer on it's lowest setting and add the flour gradually. stop mixing as the mixture comes together/leaves the side of the bowl; make sure it isnt sticky.
- Roll out on a floured surface (around 5mm thick) and cut out shapes with your cutter.
- Bake for around 20-30mins until lightly golden in colour.
- Let the biscuits cool on a wire rack after sprinkling sugar over the biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven.