1/3 Photos of Kristie's over the Top Sausage Casserole
This is a versatile one dish meal that people always love. Whether I make for supper or pot luck dinners, this dish has always been such a big hit. The best thing is you can alter to suit your level of spicyness :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground sausage (mild or spicy)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1Brown sausage until cooked throughly. Drain. Return to skillet.
- 2Add the rest of the ingredients & stir (except for the cheese).
- 3Bring to a boil over med - high heat.
- 4Cover & let simmer over low-med heat until rice is cooked throughly. (Stirring occasionaly).
- 5There should be little or no liquid by the time the rice is done.
- 6Top with shredded cheese & turn heat off. Cover & lt stand until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kristie's over the Top Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.0
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 1267.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g