Recipe by kristiejenkins
This is a versatile one dish meal that people always love. Whether I make for supper or pot luck dinners, this dish has always been such a big hit. The best thing is you can alter to suit your level of spicyness :)
- 1 lb ground sausage (mild or spicy)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (suit to your taste) or 16 ounces mild cheddar cheese (suit to your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage until cooked throughly. Drain. Return to skillet.
- Add the rest of the ingredients & stir (except for the cheese).
- Bring to a boil over med - high heat.
- Cover & let simmer over low-med heat until rice is cooked throughly. (Stirring occasionaly).
- There should be little or no liquid by the time the rice is done.
- Top with shredded cheese & turn heat off. Cover & lt stand until cheese melts.