Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves this! They ask for it all the time. It tastes like Thanksgiving dinner and is so quick and easy, they think that I slave in the kitchen when I make it!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour the 2 cans of soup in the bottom of a baking pan.
- Place the chicken breasts over the soup.
- Place the swiss cheese slices over the chicken.
- Pour in the stuffing over the whole pan.
- Pour the melted butter over the stuffing to cover.
- If you need more butter to cover, you can melt more, but I use water if I have any dry spots. You don't want it to be mushy wet, just enough to be a little moist.
- Cover with foil and bake for an hour.
- If you want, after the hour, uncover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes to brown the stuffing a little more.
- Please give me any feedback or other ideas to add! My family loves this, I hope you do too!
I made this for supper tonight and it was given 5 stars by all my kids (that's saying a lot). The chicken was so moist and tender. I used 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can cream of chicken. Along with the butter, I poured a little chicken broth over the stuffing to moisten it. I omitted the cheese to suit my family's taste. I knew the flavor combination would be really good because I make a similar dish, except I pre-cook the chicken, cut it into bite sized pieces, and then mix all the rest of the ingredients together with it and bake in a casserole dish. This is a dish that I will definitely make again. Made for Spring PAC '09.
This is a great recipe and we all loved it. Will be using it again. Thanks for sharing.
I served this to guests and they all had to have the recipe! I find that it works just as well with 5 or 6 chicken breasts, depending upon how many guests you need to serve. I will definitely make this again and have copies of the recipe readily available!