1 hr 15 mins
My wife developed this recipe from another, with some additions of her own, and it is one of my favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium celery ribs, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 20 ounces Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a large skillet, crumble and brown sausage.
- 2Add butter and stir until melted.
- 3Add celery, mushroom, and green pepper, stirring often for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add about 1/2 cup of the stock to deglaze the pan; pour over the stuffing in a large mixing bowl.
- 5Add remaining stock, parsley, sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, nutmeg and black pepper.
- 6Mix by hand until well blended.
- 7Use to stuff turkey, or place in a buttered baking dish, cover and bake as a side dish.
- 8Remove the cover at the end to crisp up the top if you like.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Krissi's Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.4
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 1121.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 15.5 g