Recipe by SmHerndon
Krispy Kreme....yummmm. I haven't made it yet, as it was in this mornings paper, but had to post it! Cook time is chill time. From the AR Democrat-Gazette.
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided use
- 3 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1 dozen krispy kreme original glazed doughnuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups espresso
- cocoa (to garnish)
- 3⁄4 cup shaved dark chocolate, divided use
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with 1 cup of the sugar and whip to ribbon stage. Add mascarpone cheese to whipped yolks. Do not over mix - set aside.
- In double broiler, combine gelatin with water. Dissolve.
- In seperate bowl, beat egg whites with remaining sugar to stiff meringue. Slowly add gelatin to meringue. Gently fold meringue into cheese mixture.
- In another bowl, whip cream. Fold whipped cream into cheese mixture.
- To assemble: Slice Krispy Kreme doughnuts into quarters. Quickly soak (5 seconds) quartered doughnuts in espresso. Place espresso-soaked doughnuts in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and cover with meringue mixture. Dust with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings. Place in refrigerator for 8 hours. Serve chilled.