1/5 Photos of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
3 hrs 30 mins
Lorri in Wyoming's Note:
I got this from my child's high school home ec teacher! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 cups sifted flour
- 1Mix together ingredients for glaze.
- 2Melt butter in hot milk, add 1 tsp sugar and salt. Allow to cool.
- 3Beat in yeast, nutmeg, eggs, remaining sugar, and 3 cups flour.
- 4Add rest of flour (dough will be sticky).
- 5Knead for 5 minutes then allow to rise for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- 6Roll out dough, cut into shapes.
- 7Do not re-roll dough, then allow to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- 8Heat oil to 365° and fry 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until brown. Toss in the doughnut holes first, let those cook, and then proceed to cooking the donuts.
- 9Let them cool on a paper towel - helps get the glaze to stick.
- 10Dip in warm glaze.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (2324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 101.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g