I got this from my child's high school home ec teacher! Yum!
Make and share this Krispy Kreme Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together ingredients for glaze.
- Melt butter in hot milk, add 1 tsp sugar and salt. Allow to cool.
- Beat in yeast, nutmeg, eggs, remaining sugar, and 3 cups flour.
- Add rest of flour (dough will be sticky).
- Knead for 5 minutes then allow to rise for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Roll out dough, cut into shapes.
- Do not re-roll dough, then allow to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat oil to 365° and fry 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until brown. Toss in the doughnut holes first, let those cook, and then proceed to cooking the donuts.
- Let them cool on a paper towel - helps get the glaze to stick.
- Dip in warm glaze.