Krispy Kreme Doughnuts are the best. It's really hard to get that special taste. I have my own special recipe that I think gets close to the taste. Warning: This is not a healthy recipe. You are going to balk at the ingredients, but I promise you they are worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast and 1 tsp of the sugar in warm water until foamy.
- 2Melt lard in scalding milk.
- 3Mix 2 cups flour, sugar and salt in large mixing bowl.
- 4Add yeast, milk, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- 5Add the rest of flour, 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
- 6Form dough into a ball in a bowl, covered, in a warm place for one hour, or until dough doubles in size.
- 7Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness on floured surface, cut with doughnut cutter.
- 8Place doughnuts on lightly floured cookie sheets and let rise.
- 9Make Glaze:
- 10Mix powdered sugar and water until smooth.
- 11Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- 12When doughnuts have doubled in size, fry in small batches until golden. 1 -2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- 13Move doughnuts to cookie rack, spoon glaze over doughnuts.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g