- 3 -3 1⁄2 dozen krispy kreme doughnuts
- 12 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- 2 -3 cups granulated sugar
- ground nutmeg, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (1 lb) package raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13x21x6-inch pan. Cut each doughnut into 8 pieces. Place in bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- In separate bowl, stir together nutmeg and cinnamon (equal parts), sugar, vanilla and raisins. Spread atop doughnuts. Pour egg mixture over all. Stir and let sit about 30 minutes; stir again. Bake in 350°F oven 30-45 minutes, until pudding is brown.
- NOTE that doughnuts cut better if refrigerated 2-3 days prior.