Recipe by Elmotoo
-THIS was over the top deeeelicious!! Created for RSC #12.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I really enjoy chicken breasts in many ways, so this recipe was a curiousity for me & caught my interest! I pretty much followed the recipe, but, as suggested in another review, I did cut back on the amount of tarragon! We liked the crunchy coating of rice krispies & would happily make this again, sauce & all! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #37]
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons tarragon (fresh chopped or dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet & spray with cooking oil.
- In a gallon ziptop bag, slightly crush rice krispies - not crushed into a powder.
- On one plate, place dry chicken breast pieces. On another plate, combine flour with salt & dried tarragon. In a shallow dish, lightly whisk egg whites. On another plate, place crushed rice krispies.
- Dip each piece of chicken, one at a time, into the egg whites, then dredge in flour, then re-dip in the egg whites, then dredge in the rice krispies. Place on rack on baking sheet. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked through.
- For sauce:.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add shallots & saute 3 minutes. Add chicken broth & blueberries. If using dried tarragon, add now. Bring to a boil & simmer until thickened about 15 - 20 minutes. Off heat, add mascarpone cheese & fresh tarragon, if using.
- Serve chicken with sauce.