1/1 Photo of Krispy Chicken With Blueberry Sauce
-THIS was over the top deeeelicious!! Created for RSC #12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg white
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons tarragon (fresh chopped or dried)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet & spray with cooking oil.
- 2In a gallon ziptop bag, slightly crush rice krispies - not crushed into a powder.
- 3On one plate, place dry chicken breast pieces. On another plate, combine flour with salt & dried tarragon. In a shallow dish, lightly whisk egg whites. On another plate, place crushed rice krispies.
- 4Dip each piece of chicken, one at a time, into the egg whites, then dredge in flour, then re-dip in the egg whites, then dredge in the rice krispies. Place on rack on baking sheet. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked through.
- 5For sauce:.
- 6In a large skillet, heat oil. Add shallots & saute 3 minutes. Add chicken broth & blueberries. If using dried tarragon, add now. Bring to a boil & simmer until thickened about 15 - 20 minutes. Off heat, add mascarpone cheese & fresh tarragon, if using.
- 7Serve chicken with sauce.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Krispy Chicken With Blueberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1104.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: