Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was found on the net. Original poster is Lort.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Rice Krispies, to fill the jar
- Place ingredients into the jar in the order listed.
- Press down before filling jar with Rice Krispies.
- Attach with a rirbon these instructions: Place the contents of Jar in a large bowl.
- Add 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup soft butter.
- Mix well.
- Drop by the spoonful on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Thought it was very unfair of past reviewers to give this a bad rating without ever having tried the cookies - after all the taste is what it's all about! So I scrapped the idea of the jar and just used the cookie recipe.
I made the following amendments - sugar was listed twice so only used once, used 1 cup Rice Krispies, and added 1/4 cup milk to make the dough a bit less dry. Baked at suggested temp, but with the extra liquid left them in 15 minutes.
Made 15 good- sized cookies, and they were super-tasty, moist with a good crunchy edge. Happy there was oatmeal in the mix as I felt like I could stop at one, a bit more filling than flour-only cookies.
Thanks Dibs - with a little imagination this was a fantastic recipe!
I haven't tried the recipe yet, but a 1-litre (or 1-quart) jar will fit 4 cups. Obvioustly, if you're going to use a recipe that calls for 5 1/2 cups of ingredients, you're going to need a bigger jar. But the cookies sound yum, I'd give them a try!
Don't try these - they DO NOT FIT IN THE JAR!!! They sound wonderful, butsome measurement must be off. I just \