Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
You cannot have just one of these! Perfect to serve/bring at a party!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 14 ounces vanilla caramels
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup crispy rice cereal
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix crust ingredients with fork until crumbly. Press mixture in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In saucepan melt filling ingredients over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over crust. Cool slightly.
- In saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring constantly. Stir in cereal. Carefully spread over filling. Cool completely.
Super good and rich bar that everyone seems to enjoy. Easy to make, except for unwrapping all those caramels. HA Have been making these literally for years. Was going to post this recipe, but saw it already here. (from one of those Pillsbury BakeOff booklets) It's a winner! Whoops....... just noticed that in my version you can use either evaporated milk OR half-and-half. No biggie, but wanted to share. I have used both, just depending on whatever I had on hand.