Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my grandma's recipe for krispie bars. With the almond bark, the bars come out much sweeter than those made with marshmallow.
- 3⁄4-1 lb almond bark
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- Melt almond bark over low heat.
- Add peanut butter to melted almond bark. Stir together and remove from heat.
- Add crispy rice cereal. More than 3 cups may be needed; use extra until mixture looks more texturized than wet.
- Spread mixture into a pan and allow to set before cutting into squares.
The kids of the family LOVED it !! Very crispy, and light with a nice, smooth, peanut butter taste, and VERY sweet.
My family has always called this Plantation crunch and added 1/2-1 cup of roasted Spanish peanuts.This is one of my favorites around Christmas.