Recipe by LARavenscroft
Crispy baked chicken tenders with a zingy berry cherry BBQ sauce. The cherries and blueberries can either be fresh or frozen (no need to thaw first).
Top Review by Claudia Dawn
Very yummy! My family looked at me like I was crazy when I started dumping fruit into a saucepan and declared that I was making BBQ sauce. They changed their tune when they tasted it! The chicken was a cinch to put together and turned out nicely crisp and tender at the same time. I used Rice Chex instead of Rice Krispies simply because that's what I had on hand. I liked the chicken recipe so well that I used it again for Buffalo Chicken Tenders adding a hot sauce while baking. A great recipe that I will be using over and over again. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
- 78.07 ml sugar-free strawberry jam
- 78.07 ml cherries, chopped
- 78.07 ml blueberries
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml apple cider vinegar
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 709.77 ml Rice Krispies
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- 22.18 ml dried parsley
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 118.29 ml potato starch (or flour)
- 907.18 g chicken tenders
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients in a small pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stirring occasionally until fruit is broken down and sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Combine all breading ingredients in food processor bowl and pulse until rice krispies are the size of bread crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two large cookies sheets with spray oil.
- Combine egg whites, egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Place breading ingredients in another shallow bowl.
- Rinse chicken tenders and pat dry.
- Coat chicken tenders with potato starch or flour.
- Then dredge in egg mixture and breading.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Spray chicken tenders with spray oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve with BBQ sauce.