Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Wisconsin Potato Sensations cookbook
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups potato chips, crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in baking soda and flour; mix in potato chips and nuts if using.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan.
These are delicious. The baking time wasn't posted so I e mailed Nikki and she said about 10 to 11 minutes. My oven took about 15 minutes. I used about 3/4 of a 10 1/2 ounce bag of Lays Chips. I also used light brown sugar and pecans. I tried to use a large and medium spoon to mix in the chips and nuts but the batter seemed stiff. I used my hands to mix in the chips and nuts like you would mix meatloaf. I worked out perfectly. I also formed balls in the mixture and then flattened the balls with the back of a spoon. I'm sure Kris Kringle will love these. Yes, they are Krispie and wonderful with a glass of milk. Thanks for sharing. I made this for Winter Tag game.