Recipe by Joyd
This recipe is made in our house every year at Christmas. When we cut the cookies out we always include the "Christmas pig" and the "Christmas whale". They are cookie cutters that accidentally got mixed in with the Christmas cutters...so we make use of them anyway!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda, cream of tartar, vanilla and evaporated milk.
- Add small bowl contents to creamed contents.
- Sift flour into mix and combine.
- Roll out on floured board.
- Cut out cookies with cookie cutters.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 8-12 minutes.
- Use butter cream frosting to ice.