Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
If you like snickerdoodles and you like molasses, give these a try. They have been a favorite of mine for years.
Top Review by *Pixie*
These are great cookies. I was out of cloves, so I made them with just cinnamon and ginger (maybe just a tad more cinnamon than listed, since I am a cinnamon fan). They smell wonderful when they come out of the oven, a nice old fashioned kind of cookie. Thanks for sharing, DogAndCatDoc.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine, sugar, egg and molasses together.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Scoop chilled dough by rounded teaspoon and roll into ball.
- Dip one side of cookie dough ball into small bowl of granulated sugar.
- Place dough balls, sugar side up on ungreased cookie sheets about 1 1/2-inches apart, as they will spread.
- Cook until cookies melt and tops begin to look "crinkled" -- about 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.