Recipe by LAURIE
The little Norwegian store here makes these by the dozens. They either dunk them in their coffee or butter them on the bottom to eat them. Yum! (Yield depends on how thick and or big you make them, so judge accordingly).
Top Review by FrannyBlue
These turned out perfect! I think the other reviewer possibly made one of the following mistakes: the dough must be cold at all times. I keep the dough in a stainless steel bowl, then put that bowl in a bowl of ice while I'm forming the cookies. Another possibility is that you must handle the dough as little as possible. Use a light touch while rolling it out and don't spend a lot of time forming the 8.
I followed this recipe exactly and the cookie turned out very light and fluffy.
- 1⁄4 lb butter (don't use margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar add egg and villa and beat well.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Sift together baking soda, powder and flour.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Chill overnite.
- Take a teaspoon of dough and roll out in your hands into a snake about 8-inches long.
- Form into a "Figure 8" shape on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and cool completely.