Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Taken from the Food Network. Posted for ZWT3.
- Cream the butter and sugar and egg yolks.
- Blend in the flour.
- Gather the dough into a ball and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Break off small pieces and roll out a piece about 5 inches long and 1/3-inch thick.
- Form into a circle and twist or knot the ends.
- Continue until all the dough has been used.
- Brush each cookie with egg wash, sprinkle with additional sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until just set, not browned.
My family has an original Norwegian version of this recipe, but what makes it different is we add two raw egg yolks and two hardboiled egg yolks. This results in a richer, flakier cookie.