Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I invented this lemonade after visiting my favorite horse, Kricket. She's a curious little nosey-jane, and her curiousity inspired me to try something different.
- Grate lemon peels, save for other use (no point in wasting good stuff!).
- Roll lemons on the counter to loosen the juice, then juice lemons, and strain into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, mix the generous half-cup water with sugar, and bring to a boil, and boil, stirring often, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove sugar water from heat, let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Add lemon juice to sugar, and stir to mix.
- Pour into a pitcher, add remaining water, and ice cubes.
- Stir until ice dissolves.
- Now, this might be a bit strong for some, so adjust accordingly. I like mine very tart and strong.