Now that I'm back in Australia, I really miss the yummy Jewish food I used to eat at The Bagel in Chicago. I looked on 'Zaar for a Kreplach recipe & my search didn't give me anything. I looked on the Net & this is what I found. It sounds authentic... I'll post any comments once I make it. The prep time is approximate. Note: instead of making noodles from scratch, buy Won-Ton skins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Filling: Combine meat, onion, salt, pepper& egg in a food processor until just mixed.
- 2Dough: Add salt to eggs, then add eggs to flour.
- 3Mix with your hands until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- 4It should be stiff.
- 5Knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 6Roll out on a lightly floured board, stretch until it is very thin.
- 7Cut dough into 3" squares and fill with 1TB of the filling.
- 8Fold into a triangle& crimp edges with a fork.
- 9Cook in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until they rise to the top.
- 10Serve in chicken soup, or as an appetiser or side dish.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kreplach (Jewish Ravioli)
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 179.5 mg
- Sodium 327.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 28.9 g