Recipe by Manami
These are a favorite around our household and you don't have to wait for Passover to eat them. They are a nice change from the ordinary pancakes because they are flourless. This is one of the recipes that I am using from memory - let's hope it works. It worked - hurray!
Top Review by chia
i cut this recipe in half for 3 of us, and used ricotta cheese and almond extract. these were delicious. i sprinkled some powdered sugar on top and dd added some pure maple syrup to hers. very quick and easy, and perfect for passover.
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 29.58 ml butter
- 8 large eggs
- 473.18 ml milk
- 473.18 ml matzo meal
- 118.29 ml cottage cheese (4 oz)
- 59.14 ml finely chopped pecans or 59.14 ml walnuts
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- maple syrup (optional)
- granulated sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in large skillet.
- Turn off the heat.
- Break eggs into mixing bowl.
- Beat until thick and lemon colored.
- Add milk, matzoh meal, cottage cheese, butter, nuts, vanilla and salt.
- Beat until smooth.
- Turn heat on to moderate heat.
- Drop by spoonsful onto the skillet, this is where you can decide on the size of your pancakes.
- Fry until golden on both sides.
- Keep warm in oven, while making others.
- Serve on platter with maple syrup &/or the granulated sugar.