Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for the traditional Greek way of making onion fritters -- they are super tasty & easy to make.
- 1⁄2 kg onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 kg flour
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- oil (for frying, sunflower or vegetable)
- salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, mix well the onions, mint & flour. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Slowly mix in enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Drop teaspoons of batter into the oil. Fry until golden brown. (The oil should be the temperature you need to fry chips etc).
- Drain the fritters well on kitchen towel and serve hot.
Greek tapas - YUM! We served them bite-sized with either tzatziki or sour cream/chive dipping sauces. They were tasty plain too. Made for Daffy Daffodils ZWT4
YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY! And easy, too. We loved these little darlins. Will make again and possibly add some hot peppers. Another ZWT4 winner! (-:
These are great and taste like onion rings but with all ingredients mixed making it easier/faster to fry. The mint's a great add on as it ups the fritters all the more. They're so tasty and addictive, I keep eating them as is as soon as it's done. Boy, these Greeks are smart! lol Thank you again for a wonderful treat!