Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My local grocery store was out of the fat-free zesty Italian dressing I usually use on my grilled veggies, so on a whim I grabbed some red wine vinaigrette and went to town. The result was this easy, fat-free recipe with a very subtle but delicious flavor. My mother and I made this for a Fourth of July barbecue and it was a big hit. You don't need to use exactly 1/2 cup dressing, just however much seems right to cover all your veggies. As usual, the serving size is an estimate.
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I've also used Russets, which I peel)
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into chunks (such as Vidalia)
- 8 ounces baby carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free red wine vinaigrette dressing (I use Wishbone)
- 2 ice cubes
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- Combine vegetables and dressing in a Reynolds Hot Bag, or use 2 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Add ice cubes for moisture and seal bag tightly.
- Place bag in preheated grill. Cook with the hood closed for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the carrots are tender when (carefully!) poked with a fork, since the carrots take the longest to cook.
Really tasty. This made a HUGE amount of veggies though and if you don't have a reynolds bag there is really no way to do it in 1 package. We made 4 smaller ones after trying to make 1 big and so we lost some when it fell all over the counter. That said, it had excellent flavor and was great on a summer day when we were trying to avoid getting the kitchen hot but still eat healthfully!