Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite way to prepare pork chops! The recipe is an adaptation of a recipe for Apple Pork Chops on Allrecipes.com. I think they're absolutely delicious, and I hope you enjoy them too!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in oil.
- Place chops in a baking dish just large enough so they do not overlap and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Cover the chops with the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and water.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- The sauce tastes delicious when thickened with cornstarch and poured over the chops!
Kree, this is a very nice dish! Your instructions are great; the recipe is simple and to the point; very easy to prepare, too. I used boneless chops and Northern Spy apples. I don't keep apple juice in the house, so I just used the water. Next time I will try chicken broth, as I found the sauce a little plain. However, it was not too sweet; it was perfect for my family's tastes. I took your advice and, when the chops came out of the oven, I carefully placed them on a platter with the apples atop, then poured the liquid into the same pan I had used to brown the chops, which I had set aside. A little cornstarch-water mixture thickened the sauce right up, which I served in a gravy boat for those that wanted it. I'll definitely make this recipe again!
Kree, gee I feel bad giving this 4*'s after all the 5's, but 4 in my book is very good. I thought this was really very good, but just a touch too sweet for my personal perference. It was very easy to prepare and it did have a very good taste. The pork was done perfectly and the apples were nice and tender. I will make it again and reduce the brown sugar for my taste.
Delicious, easy to make, moist Pork chops. I didn't have apple juice, was great without it, but will try it next time. Bet it would be a great way to fix ham. Kree, thanks for posting.