1/2 Photos of Kree's Baked Macaroni and Soy Cheese
Even my dairy-eating parents love this recipe! It's a conglomeration of several baked mac and cheese recipes that I have perfected to fit my tastes and dietary needs! This is probably my ultimate comfort food, and it's so easy because there's no stovetop preparation necessary! Feel free to use dairy cheese if you can. I adapted this from some dairy recipes so I know it would still turn out fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups soy cheddar cheese (I use Galaxy Foods Veggie Shreds – it's the best soy cheese I've found)
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups soymilk
- salt and pepper
- soy margarine (or other dairy-free margarine - I only use about 1 Tbsp)
- vegan parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente.
- 3Drain macaroni and pour into baking dish that's been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Add soy cheese, Egg Beaters, soy milk, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly.
- 5Dot with margarine and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and/or soy parmesan (I also sprinkle this with garlic powder sometimes to give it a little zip!).
- 6Bake for 30-40 minutes or until it is well melted and the top is slightly browned.
- 7NOTE: Some soy cheeses (including Veggie Shreds) contain casein, a milk protein; to make this recipe completely dairy-free you would need to buy a vegan brand.
- 8I'm usually pretty liberal with the cheese; I probably use more like 2 1/4 cups!
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kree's Baked Macaroni and Soy Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soy cheddar cheese
Egg Beaters egg substitute