- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- red food coloring, to taste
- yellow food coloring, to taste
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (rice krispies)
- 4 ounces orange and black M&M's plain chocolate candy (Halloween mix)
- 4 ounces candy corn
- marshmallows (shaped like ghosts or pumpkins) (optional) or decorative candies, shaped like pumpkins, to decorate (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the 3 tbsp butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- While butter is melting, grease a 9x13-inch pan with softened butter or shortening.
- When butter is melted, add marshmallows and stir until they liquify; do not scorch.
- Add red and yellow food coloring to mixture until a nice orange color is achieved (about 2:1 yellow to red).
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in rice krispies.
- Add M&Ms and candy corn, mixing them throughout.
- Spread mixture into the greased pan and press down lightly with a spatula to pack it.
- While it is still sticky, place ghost or pumpkin marshmallows, candy pumpkins, or even more candy corn or M&M's on top to decorate as you desire.
- Allow mixture to set and harden slightly before cutting into squares and serving.
- Store unused treats in an airtight container.