Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a yummy recipe that can be adapted for tastes by adding more spices, substituting bacon for ham or sausage, etc!
- 10 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 lb brick Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Grease 8x8 rectangular baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
- Remove crust from bread and cut bread into cubes. Place in bottom of baking dish.
- In saucepan, melt cheese and butter. Pour over cubed bread.
- Add bacon.
- Seperately beat eggs, milk, salt and parsley. Pour over bread, cheese and bacon mixture. Do not stir.
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Bake at 360 degrees, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before serving.