Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a Pennsylvania Dutch cookbook. I haven't made this yet, but it looks delicious! Let me know what you think!
- 3 pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut
- Put chops into a skillet and brown on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook tightly covered over low heat until meat is tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Add sourkraut and continue cooking until sourkraut has absorbed the pork drippings.
I have made pork chops and Kraut this way for years. Sometimes I use Pork Steak too. I also add 1 or 2 cans of canned whole potatoes after it is in the crockpot and the Kraut flavors the potatoes so well they are delicious. Your pork will be so tender and flavorful it's unbelievable! Enjoy!
This is very good. I used a pork cube steak for it. The juices from the sauerkraut made the meat so tender. It was easy to make. I used fresh sauerkraut that I can get at a grocery store I go to. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe Emily..Made for ZWT4 Family Picks. And for the Cafe SMAKK Gypsies.