Prep 3 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Dough: Pour yeast into water.
- Set aside. Scald milk, then add sugar, salt and margarine. Cool.
- Add egg to mixture, then flour.
- Mix thoroughly, then knead until smooth. Let rise until double.
- Filling: Brown meat in skillet. Season and set aside. Pour 1/4 cup oil into a kettle. Shred cabbage and onion and saute in kettle until transparent. Stir often.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch thick and cut into 4-inch squares.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of filling on each square. Bring edges together and pinch.
- Place smooth side up in greased pan.
- Let rise 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until nice and brown.
This is how I remember them growing up. We served them with brown gravy. Thanks for the recipe. Married a southern boy and he never heard of them. Wants them again