1/10 Photos of Krapt and Sausage (Sauerkraut and Smoked Sausage)
ATM 67's Note:
My son was about a year and a half old, my dad was eating leftovers and he barely had enough to satisfy his hunger, and my son indicated that he wanted to eat some of what his granddaddy was eating. Being a good grandfather, he relented and gave into my son's wishes. Being older and FAR more treacherous than my toddler, Dad offered up a bite of the sauerkraut to my son, fully expecting my son to dislike the taste, and thereby saving more of the leftovers to satisfy my father's hunger. Boy, was he wrong! My son was still working on his language skills, and his new favorite food, kraut, was now called "KRAPT!" This is the recipe to the dish my father was eating that night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice Sausage lengthwise and then cut the pieces into half moons as thick or as thin as you would like. Thinner slices create a meatier presentation and thicker slices create a meatier bite.
- 2In a large skillet or a medium pot heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- 3Add sausage and almost sear it.
- 4Add drained kraut, stir and heat throughout.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Krapt and Sausage (Sauerkraut and Smoked Sausage)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.6
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 1741.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.7 g